Monday, March 7, 2011

REVIEW: H. Wood. Beauty Cream Blush.


Wow, people! My first review since my long "hiatus". I am SO glad to be back into the swing of things.
As my "welcome back" review, I want to introduce you to a WONDERFUL company -- H. Wood. Beauty! Rhonda over at H. Wood. Beauty sent me over some wonderful products to try out, and I'm giddy with excitement to share them with you. Today I'm going to be reviewing one of their fabulous Cream Blushes. They offer there different shades, priced at $22.00 a piece. I was able to try out "snapdragon" & I LOVE it.
I'm usually pretty iffy about cream blushes. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I've had many issues (too solid, not solid enough, greasy, etc) with them that kind've just turn me off. When I opened this 0.53OZ jar from H. Wood. Beauty, I instantly knew it was one of the "keepers".

Before even trying it, I could already tell it'd be easier than most to work with. "Snapdragon" was just the right consistency for me. I usually use my MAC 188 for cream blush, as I find stippling cream blush on easier than actually brushing it on. My brush went right into the product (without sinking in and wasting a ton) with very little pressure, and I was able to pick up just the right amount of product. I, per my usual cream blush routine, stipple the product onto the apples of my cheeks, then, using the same brush, I blended it in and up my cheek bones.
I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty scared of this color at first. I am VERY fair complected, and didn't know how this shade would work with my skin tone. As you can tell by the pictures, it's a GORGEOUS color you can work with, working it up or down. It turned my cheeks a very soft pink color, with a hint of orange as well. In my opinion, this is a PERFECT shade for all skin tones.
All in all, I loved this product. 5 out of 5 stars! I cannot wait to try the other shades. My one and ONLY complaint being that the lid is sometimes a tad difficult to maneuver into the tracks of the container and screw on. If you're not careful, you could end up with a (sad) dried up product! Be careful.

If you like the looks of this blush, check out the H. Wood. Beauty website for it, and other wonderful products.