Saturday, January 2, 2010

REVIEW: Honeycat Cosmetics frisky kitty bath time fizzy


Ever since I was little, I've loved baths. I'd rather soak in a hot bath than take a quick shower any day. Being a bath lover, I obviously became quickly obsessed with Lush. Their bath bombs are my absoulute favorite. Sooo, that being said, I'm ALWAYS looking for other fun alternatives. This bath fizzy has got to me one of my favorites. Turn the water on, toss it in, and wash away last nights dirty little secrets!

PROS: Yummy smell. LARGE product. Insanely adorable packaging. Moisturizing. NEVER tested on animals; especially sexy felines.

CONS: Slick/oily tub. Little to no lasting color in the water.

PRICE: You can pick this up for $10.00 at the Honeycat website. Aside from the one (Lilac & Honey) that I have, they have three different kinds; Oatmeal, Cocoa butter, and Rose & Lemongrass.


PACKAGING: As with the other Honeycat products, this packaging is adorable. The fizzy comes in a big pink box -- kitty themed (sexy kitty + paw prints) of course. You'll find the name (Frisky Kitty Bath Time Fizzy), scent (Lilac & Honey), ingrediants and other misc. (price, barecode) things all over the box. Inside the box, the fizzy is wrapped in paw print covered plastic celepahin.


PRODUCT: Today was an icky day, so I figured what batter time to test this out? I filled my tub a it, and tossed this big boy in! It swirled around and did it's thing under (unlike Lush, it actually stayed under the stream of water) the faucet. The first thing I noticed was the lack of color in my water - at first, my water was a light pink color, but by the time I got in, it had pretty much faded. No biggie, though! The smell hit me next, and it was yummy! I defiantly smelled the lilac, and a slight floral undertone. I noticed right away how oily my water was, and it made me a bit nervous. I hopped in the tub, anyway. The oil felt a little odd against my skin at first, but it actually became really nice and moisturizing. When I got out, and dried off, my skin was left feeling soft without being oily like I thought it'd be! The oil did, however, stay in my tub. When the water drained, a thin, slick film was left over. BE CAREFUL, this could be a slip hazard if you don't wash it away. The smell lasted on my skin for a good couple of hours! I was very surprised at how much I loved this fizzy, and cant wait to purchase the other scents!


COMPANY, SHIPPING & CUSTOMER SERVICE: You can read all about this company on their website, or on my previous review for Honeycat Cosmetics warming cinnamon lip balm!

OVERALL: Nine out of ten stars; I only deducted one because of the oily tub!